Services Provided: 

Chesapeake College provides adult education programs to residents in Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s, and Talbot counties. Classes include English as a Second Language, Adult Basic Education and GED® Test Preparation classes. Students wishing to enroll in classes must first attend a registration session. During registration the student's current skill level will be evaluated for the proper class placement. The registration schedule can be found by calling the hotline numbers or on the calendars on the website. In addition to special registrations held at the beginning of each semester, weekly registrations are held at locations throughout the five county area. In Caroline County registration is held on Wednesdays at 10:00 am at the Caroline County Public Library, 100 Market Street in Denton; and at the Federalsburg Judy Hoyer Center, 323 S. University Ave. in Federalsburg on Thursdays at 1:30 pm and on the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 6:00 pm.

Adult Basic Education & GED Hotline 410-822-5400, ext. 2408 or for registration dates and locations.
English as a Second Language Hotline 410-822-5400, ext. 2409 or for ESL registration dates and locations.
For assistance in Spanish, call 410-822-5400 ext. 2488 and leave message

Elaine Wilson, Program Director
P. O. Box 8
Wye Mills, MD 21679
Services Provided: 

Adult program includes site and community based psychiatric rehabilitation services, supported employment, residential and respite programs, and special support and assistance for those suffering from mental illness as the primary diagnosis. The Youth Program offers community based psychiatric rehabilitative services. A referral from a mental health provider is required.

We have access to a language line as needed to assist with intakes and paperwork. We also have one staff member who can speak Haitian-Creole in the Youth program.

Malkia Johnson, Youth Services Director
508 Kerr Avenue
Denton, MD 21629
Services Provided: 

Speaks and translates Spanish. Reads and translates Russian for basic meaning. Mr. Barker has a BA in Russian language and literature (1982). Minor in Spanish; two years residency in Latin America; 20 years of continuous Spanish usage, dating up to the year 2000, in part-time in social and professional environments. Mr. Barker also is a Certified GIS Analyst (Geographic Information Systems). Skilled in use of ArcGIS mapping and geospatial analysis software. Online maps for websites and mobile phones.

Services Provided: 

For All Seasons, Inc., offers a full continuum of trauma certified mental health, psychiatric, rape crisis, advocacy, and case management services, to English and Spanish speaking children, adolescents and adults across the 5 counties of the Mid-Shore, regardless of one's ability to pay. FAS also provides 24/7 Spanish and English rape crisis hotlines and responds to local emergency rooms and law enforcement agencies for victims of sexual assault, trauma and abuse. We have a counseling office at 114 Market Street, Denton, and the phone number is 410-822-1018. English hotline: 1-800-310-7273. Para Espanol, Llamada/Texto: 410-829-6143.

Beth Anne Langrell, Executive Director
300 Talbot Street
Easton, MD 21601
Services Provided: 

Go the to church website to view the Mass schedule in English and Spanish. ESL classes sponsored by Mid-Shore Adult Education: Mon. & Wed. evenings 7-9 PM.

Marge Messner, Secretary
P.O. Box 399
Marydel, MD 21649
Services Provided: 

Provides a variety of services to victims of domestic abuse. These include a 24 hour hotline, crisis intervention at hospitals and police stations, counseling and support, a shelter, assistance with legal proceedings, information and referrals, outreach and assistance for Spanish speaking victims, transitional assistance, intervention and prevention to community, and prevention education in the schools. Speakers are available for community education and training. There is an Abuser Intervention Program. Volunteers accepted. Cell phone donations are accepted.

Jeanne Yeager, Executive Director
410-690-3222 or 1-800-927-4673 (24-hour hotline)
P.O. Box 5
Denton, MD 21629
Services Provided: 

Get Legal Help
The Women’s Law Center of Maryland provides free legal services to help you protect your legal rights. Assistance is provided in the areas of family law, domestic violence and employment law. Our hotlines allow you to talk with an attorney who will give you information to help you understand your legal problem and tell you about community resources. Through the legal representation projects, you may be able to get a free lawyer to represent you in your case. The educational materials can help you understand the law and your rights.

Human Trafficking
Legal services for survivors of sex trafficking helps them remove prostitution convictions from their criminal records.

M–F 9:30am–4:30pm
When you call the Family Law Hotline, you will talk briefly with an attorney for free. The attorney will give you basic information about Maryland family law to help you understand your rights and legal options. The lawyer can answer your questions about:
Custody and visitation
Child support
Marital property
Name change
The Family Law Hotline attorney can not represent you in your family law case. The attorney may give you the phone number of a lawyer referral service in your area that may help you find an attorney to represent you. You may call the Hotline as often as you need. Due to the heavy volume of calls received, Hotline services are limited to brief conversations that will provide you with information. The Family Law Hotline services are available only to callers who are low-income. The Hotline attorney will ask you about your income and will collect other basic information.

Legal Forms Helpline
1-800-818-9888 (English)
T, W, F 9am–12:30pm, Th 9am–4pm
1-877-293-2507 (Spanish)
Leave a message and a Spanish-speaking attorney will return your call. The Legal Forms Helpline is a free telephone service to assist you if you are filing your family law case without the help of an attorney. The Helpline attorney can explain how to complete the required domestic relations forms, how to file the papers and how to move your case forward. The Helpline attorney can help you choose and complete forms you need for:
child support
name change
modification of child support
modification of custody
modification of visitation
contempt for failure to pay child support
contempt for failure to provide visitation