Chesapeake College provides adult education programs to residents in Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s, and Talbot counties. Classes include English as a Second Language, Adult Basic Education and GED® Test Preparation classes. Students wishing to enroll in classes must first attend a registration session. During registration the student's current skill level will be evaluated for the proper class placement. The registration schedule can be found by calling the hotline numbers or on the calendars on the website. Weekly registrations are held at locations throughout the five county area. In Caroline County registration is held on Wednesdays at 10:00 am at the Caroline County Public Library, 100 Market Street in Denton; and on Wednesdays at 6:00 pm at the Maryland Rural Development Corporation, 101 Cedar Lane, and on Thursdays at 10:00 am at the Federalsburg Public Library, 123 Morris Ave..
On-site services include parenting education classes and support groups, nutrition classes, developmental screening and education, child care for infants and toddlers while attending center classes, GED, Adult Basic Education, and English as a Second Language classes (Mon.-Thurs. 9:30 AM-12:30 PM & 1-3 PM). A family advocate is assigned to each family to be a case manager and work on their individual needs. Off-site services include home visits by a case manager. The Parents As Teachers program is a family education and support program that includes home visits and group meetings at the center. Call the center for more information or to enroll in any of the programs. Volunteers accepted.
The Federalsburg Judy Center promotes school readiness through collaboration with community based agencies and organizations and by offering many different early intervention and comprehensive services within the school and center.
• Quality Early Learning Experiences at Early Head Start
• Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Partnership
• Summer Semester for Entering Kindergarten
• Support for ELL Afterschool Kindergarten
• Wrap-around Licensed Child Care through Parntership
• Developmental Screenings and Assessments
• Linkages with Special Education
• Enhanced Parent Education Services
• Parents as Teachers Home Visiting
• Multi-Cultural Resource Center partnership including Spanish speaking staff available
• Parenting for Academic Success
• Group Socializations
• Family Literacy Activities
• Family Centered Coordinated Case Management
Adult Education and Employment Readiness:
• Adult Basic Education and GED preparation
• English as a Second Language
• Job Readiness